The Ouch! That Stereotype Hurts e-Learning Course is a 30-minute individual, self-paced, guided e-Learning program.
Based on the ground-breaking Ouch! That Stereotype Hurts video, this powerful program enables learners to explore communication skills for promoting inclusion and respect in the workplace.
What does Ouch! e-Learning do?
In a unique and powerful way, viewers will experience the impact of stereotypical comments, explore why people don’t speak up against stereotypes and other biased behaviors, and learn six techniques for speaking up without blame or guilt.
Why is Ouch! important?
Staying silent in the face of demeaning comments, stereotypes or bias allows these attitudes and behaviors to thrive. This undermines our ability to create an inclusive workplace where all employees are welcomed, treated with respect and able to do their best work. Yet, most employees and leaders who want to speak up don’t know how. So, we say nothing.
Ouch! e-Learning Objectives:
- Experience the impact of stereotypes and biased statements, even when causally said
- Identify the most common reasons people sit silent in the face of bias and stereotypes
- Enhance skills for speaking up against stereotypes and demeaning comments without blame or shame
- Silent Collusion
- Ally Behavior
- Six ways to speak up on behalf of respect
Ouch! Online e-Learning course includes:
- Online host who guides you through the concepts and activities
- 12-minute Ouch! Video broken into pieces
- 5-minute video-based Speaking Up Activity [skills reinforcement]
- Downloadable Participant Workbook [PDF]
- Learning Administrator’s Guide with recommendations for connecting Ouch! Online e-Learning course with your other diversity & inclusion efforts and training
Click Here to take the Ouch! e-learning course in DEMO mode (10 minutes of the 30 minute course).
Call 888-723-8517 for pricing and to enroll in the online e-Learning course.